An EB-2 or EB-3 immigrant visa with PERM Labor Certification is an option for people coming to the United States to take a specific job. It can also be used by people who are already on a nonimmigrant work or short-term visa and have received a permanent offer of employment from a U.S. employer.

The U.S. employer serves as the green card sponsor and must certify to the U.S. Department of Labor that there are no U.S. workers available for the job before the USCIS will consider the application. The labor certification process, commonly known as PERM, is separate from the immigration process, which makes this type of application somewhat more complex than others.

At the Trillos Ballerini Law Firm, we know both the labor and immigration processes well. With a curated custom toolkit developed through years of experience, we work to streamline both the applicant and employer experience—so everyone can reach their goals in the best timeframe achievable.

Employer-Sponsored Green Card Applications (PERM)

For green card applications with PERM, our team works with the applicant and the employer to make sure all requirements are met in the right order, at the right time.

PERM (which stands for Program for Electronic Review Management) is the name of the system the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) uses for permanent labor certifications. The DOL has specific procedures for job posting and recruiting which must be followed. In addition, the employer must be able to certify that:

  • The job is full-time and permanent
  • Working conditions are safe and lawful
  • Wages are fair and competitive
  • The employer has the ability to pay
  • The job was open to U.S. workers
  • Any U.S. workers who applied were rejected for job-related reasons

EB-2 or EB-3 PERM Process

You may be eligible for an EB-2 visa, also known as “employment-based second preference,” if you are a member of the professions holding an advanced degree or its equivalent. The job that you are applying for through this PERM process must require the advanced degree that you have.

You may be eligible for an EB-3 visa, also known as “employment-based third preference,” if you are a skilled worker, professional, or other worker. A “skilled worker” is someone whose job requires a minimum of 2 years of training or experience and is not temporary or seasonal work. A “professional” is someone whose job requires at least a U.S. baccalaureate or foreign equivalent degree and who is a member of the professions. “Other workers” include people whose work is unskilled or requires less than 2 years of training or experience and is not temporary or seasonal work.

Experienced Handling of Employment-Based Immigration

The Trillos Ballerini Law Firm has been handling complex employment-based immigration cases from its founding. Our team is knowledgeable and experienced in using the PERM system as it has evolved as part of the employment-based immigration process. We assist our clients in navigating the employer requirements together with the green card application.

From the moment you hire the Trillos Ballerini Law Firm, we will have your back. We will help you understand requirements, gather documentation, and anticipate next steps. You can expect promptness, attention to detail, and open communication from every member of our team.

Contact the Trillos Ballerini Law Firm today to schedule a consultation to discuss your immigration needs.